Tutorial 03

Unity Tutorial 03-Week 16

I have just completed this week's unity tutorials. For the first tutorial it was all about adding collectables to the game I knew a bit about this from my own game as I added a scoring system to it and in previous tutorials I was shown how to add boosts to a game. For this game we needed to add a health variable. I found this tutorial pretty easy to follow. The tutorial really focused on coding, I found it really easy enough to follow the coding bits as they were outlined clearly. When Ruby would collect the health variable a notice would come up in the bottom left corner of the game and this was done by creating a debug.log statement. The next tutorial was all about damage zones & enemies which I had a bit of experience with too from the previous tutorials with the 3D game. In this tutorial we had to create a damage zone that damaged ruby's health every two seconds while she stood in this zone. Also, in this tutorial we were shown how to create a bot which in this game's case would be the enemy. I look forward to coding the enemy and get it to damage ruby's health and progress this game even more. 

This image is my own and is a screenshot from my 2D game in Unity.

This image is my own and is a screenshot from my 2D game in Unity.





Comments

Popular Posts