Tutorial 04

Unity Tutorial 04-Week 17

I have just finished week 5's tutorials, I spent much longer on these than I should have as I was quite confused at parts. The first tutorial was about animations and I found it really interesting to learn how to animate a character in a 2D game, I found the instructions easy enough to follow. There was quite a bit of coding to do in these tutorials. While doing the tutorials I couldn't get the bots to move at all, after looking online for quite a while to find a solution to my problem I found that someone had experienced the same problem as me and the problem was solved by changing the speed to something other than 0. I didn't realise that the speed automatically starts at 0 and you have to change this manually, but now my bots move and work as normal. Now in my game Ruby can move around and she looks in the direction that she is moving in. If she stands in the damage zone she loses health and as well as this if she touches the bot she also loses health. These tutorials also showed me how to make a projectile, so when you're playing the game and press the C key Ruby launches a cog and if these are directed at the bought it will fix the broken robot. I look forward to doing the next set of tutorials and working on the camera and developing this game even more.

This image is my own and is a screenshot from my 2D game in Unity.

This image is my own and is a screenshot from my 2D game in Unity.

Comments

Popular Posts