Alpha

Today I spent 3 hours working on my game. I was very happy with how today went compared to last week. Last week nothing worked for me and I spent nearly all day on it whereas today I felt everything worked for me and I got so much done. I even added some extras into my game.

Today I made the ball roll properly instead of just moving along in the same position, I made it so the ball couldn't go through the walls. I adjusted the walls to make sure the ball could go between all of the gaps. I added 2 exits. I added a timer, I originally thought I would create a stopwatch timer but while making it I realised a timer with a time limit to complete the maze would add some more pressure and more competition for the player to complete the maze before the timer runs out. I have it set at 50 seconds but after trialling I may have to adjust this. And finally I decided to add stars to the maze that the player can collect while they are completing the maze. There are 10 stars that the player must collect before they leave the maze through one of the two exits. When the player collects a star a sound plays to let them know, I also added a score counter which changes every time the player collects a star. There are multiple dead ends and I feel my game looks better then i could have imagined.


I feel my game is nearly ready and i just need to fix a few things and add the final few touches to it.


What I still need to do is:
  • Fix the timer so it stops when the player finds the exit.
  • Stop the game when the player falls off the map.
  • Either fix the main menu or add a start and game over the button.
  • Arrange the trees closer around the maze so people can see them.
  • Consider adding background music.







All images are my own images and are screenshot of my game Roly Poly on Unity.



Comments

  1. Hi Aoibhe, your game looks really nice at the moment and I also like the whole concept of it. I’m just wondering will there be checkpoints or is it when you fail its back to the start? Also, I seen you said you’re considering adding background music, I added mine this week and it’s a lot easier than you think and would suggest highly considering it as it makes the game feel a lot nicer. Anyways, I really like your game so far and I would love to see the final product! I wish you all the best with completing this game. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Aoibhe, I love your game, I've read your past blogs about it and it's obvious you've put a lot of work into the game! You've come so far, it looks great! I really enjoy your writing because you describe everything really well and I love the fact you inserted loads of pictures! I love how your game looks; I also love the name! I don't know why but it makes me happy haha! What kind of background music do you think you'd add? Chill music? Suspenseful? You've loads of options! I really enjoyed it overall, I’m looking forward to it being completed and hopefully I will be able to play it! Best of luck! -Megan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Aoibhe,
    First off I wanna say that I have read all your blogs on your game on a weekly basis. It is very obvious that you have put an immense amount of effort into your game and it shows not only in your game but in your blog posts to. Your blogs are extremely easy to follow along with and it give me at least he impression that you are taking notes while your working as everything reads as if it's happening in real time. I'm curious what type of music are you going to be using will it be a soft slow song or will it be a fast pasted pop style song? I am looking forward to seeing the finale product.
    ~John

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Aoibhe, I am just after finishing reading your blog and wow your game is looking great so far, it doesn't seem far off being completed, which is greta for you, well done! It looks like you have spent a lot fo time working on it and making it the best it can be. I feel like your game idea of is fairly simplistic and on paper might have been easy but because of everything else you have done and added to your game, it looks like it would have taken ages to complete. I love the addition of the stars to your game, this would make it worth while trying to explore the whole maze. I also think the timer was a great addition. It will probably make it very suspenseful for the player. Anyways, I think it looks amazing so far. Best of luck with finishing the game, I look forward to playing it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Aoibhe me again I'm just after finishing reading your blog. Wow your game is looking great so far it looks like it is going to be completed very soon. I have read your other blog posts and it looks like everything that you have said you wanted in it you have added which is good! I like how you have added a lot of images of what your game looks like so can see exactly what the game is like. I also like the way that you have added bullet points to see what you need to do for next week. Just wondering what type of background music are you going to add? and is there to be different sounds for when you collect the coins? Best of luck with the game hope it works out for you - Niamh

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts