Review Week Comments and Feedback

I have found the feedback that I've been receiving from my fellow peers very helpful when designing my own game. At first, I was skeptical as I'm very soft and take everything to heart so I thought that when people were giving me criticism that I wouldn't be able to take it well. But after reading about better ways to give feedback and on ways in which you can receive it one of the weeks, I realised that there was such a way that you could give feedback in a positive and constructive way. I have been receiving great feedback from other students on my game I think the most useful comments are the ones where people are being brutally honest, I feel sometimes we all need a second pair of eyes to look over our work and tell us if they think it is good or not. I have found that especially with the feedback that I've received for my game that it's important to listen to my peers and take on their advice. I have made some changes to my game because of feedback that I have received such as I'm now going to add music into my game which was never a possibility before. Overall, I have found the feedback very useful.

For me giving feedback to other people I've felt I've done this in the best way that I could. I feel I've been using the feedback strategies that we were taught how to do. These have really helped me give logical feedback without sounding too harsh. the main strategy that I've been using is the wow strategy where I start off my comment saying wow, and I point out something that I love about their project, then I go on to say what if you could do this and then I finish my comment with saying I wonder if you did this. I found this to be a useful strategy and I feel from reading other people’s blogs that I have gotten ideas from them in how to better my own project and my own writing too.

I feel with the blog comments I've connected with a lot of people in the year, that I would have never spoken to last year. It's so nice to receive comments from people that I've never spoken to and to hear what they think of my blogs and to hear that they've read my introduction post too. I think it's nice to get the chance to connect with others on a personal level. I am happy with my introduction posts and how my blog looks, and I feel that people can get to know me from my introduction post and how I structure my blog too. I hope people have found that I am an organised person but sometimes can be an organised chaotic mess, it just depends on the day. 😝

Looking forward I feel that I'm going to give more detailed feedback comments I've started in the last week to try give the best feedback possible to people for them to better their own games and I will as I have always done take other people’s feedback on board. I'm happy with the way my blog works and looks an I don't think I'll be changing this.  



Image Caption- The image is of a quote by Bill Gates about Feedback.


Comments

Popular Posts