Week 9 Reading and Writing

At the start of the semester I was not looking forward to the reading tasks each week as I hate reading and never have been a huge fan of reading, so when I realised we had to read many different articles each week and write up about them I wasn't very happy about that and I didn't know how I would actually complete them at first. When I started doing the academic papers I couldn't do them I didn't know how to pick up the information out of a long paragraph and I ended up giving up and just using the easy paper and the video. Because I am a very visual learner I found the video easier to understand. I have been taking notes while I was doing the reading task and I have reread them over the weeks especially the ones about the GDD, I think that one was my favourite reading so far because I found it really interesting to learn how to actually set up a GDD because I obviously didn't know how to before then.  I've discovered many new reading strategies especially from when Shaun started showing us how to complete the reading tasks I realised that I didn't need to read the whole article from start to finish, instead I could just take out key words the or important bits of the article and just use them in my notes.


As for my game project I've been happy with my progress over the last couple of weeks I have learned a lot from the unity tutorials and I've been able to bring that into my own project. I've been finding it hard to create  the game on unity  by myself with no help, but I found the whole game idea research that GDD etc. really helpful and I feel like I know exactly what my game is about now and that's making it easier for me when I'm actually coding and putting my game together on unity. For someone who is not a gamer at all I feel my biggest accomplishment is that I've been enjoying this module and the I am currently creating my own game which is something that I never thought I'd be able to do so I think that would be my biggest accomplishment and also completing the reading task has been an accomplishment for me because as I said at the beginning I'm not a reader at all and I thought I wouldn't be able to do that .


My favourite image Would be this image below it is from one of my project posts and it is of the Wooden game that inspired Roly poly. I think this is my favourite image because this is where my original idea for my own game came from and it's so interesting to look back on this image while I can see what I'm creating now as a 3D game instead of what I used to play as a 2D game.  

This an image of a wooden handheld maze game that I have based my own 2D game from. 


I think going forward I just need to take everything on board that I've learned from the reading sessions that we've been having on a Monday morning and remember that I don't need to read the whole article I can just pick out the most important things and build my knowledge from that. 

Comments

Popular Posts