Tutorial 02

Unity Tutorial 02-Week 15

I have just completed this week's unity tutorials. Just like the last tutorials I found it hard to follow the instructions in a written form instead of what I was used to last semester being a video. I found especially with the coding bits that it was harder to understand them when I was just reading them instead of someone telling me how they work. The first tutorial was all about decorating the world, I enjoyed doing this as there was many different things that you could include in your game to make it your own such as, trees, lily pads & boxes. A few parts of these tutorials we're just going over stuff that I had already covered last semester such as prefabs and box colliders. The second tutorial was about blocking movement, this tutorial really focused on physics and reminded me how rigidbodies and colliders worked. I found it really interesting that you were able to put a Collider on a tile map so that when the character Ruby walked over beside the water, she could not just walk on the water instead she had to go around it. Also, I found it interesting during these tutorials how by changing certain settings we could have Ruby walk behind the objects instead of just walk-in front of them and this brought a more realistic element to this 2D game. I'm really enjoying these tutorials and look forward to seeing how this game can be developed even more.

This image is my own and is a screenshot from my 2D game in Unity.

This image is my own and is a screenshot from my 2D game in Unity.


Comments

Popular Posts